Friday, October 2, 2009

Palm Springs

I had to go to Palm Springs for a work conference (hard life, I know, but someone has to do it). So we thought we'd head out there a couple of days early.

First of all, we left on a Friday afternoon. What should have been a 3 hour drive turned into a 6 hour drive thanks to LA traffic. But we did stop for a In'N'Out Burger, which Murray described as an Orgy of the Senses. I dont know what he had, but I just had a burger.

Saturday I had every intention of lying by the pool all day. And that's exactly what I did.

But Sunday we thought we'd get out and about by going on a Hummer tour and see some of the lower and upper desert, the San Adres Fault line, and Joshua Tree National Park.

Taken at the 1000 Palm Forest on the San Andres Fault Line




Murray doing his thing to keep the Fault Line from falling appart.


Just inside Joshua Tree National Park




Me being a Joshua Tree... remarkable resemblence right?

Us and the Humvee!

So it was pretty cool to get out and see the desert and all, and i'm glad that we got the opportunity to do it. But the tour itself wasn't really worth it. Not to mention the plastic strips on the roof slapping us in the face all the way home. Then the smell of diesel too. And the 4 cougars who were also on our tour. I dont want to record these annoying memories, but they're really what I remember most from the tour unforunately.

However, more forutnately, we have many amazing adventures to come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: